Uno
In order to get to know kids you have to speak their language, for many kids their language happens to be play. For some reason out of all the games I have in my office the one most requested is Uno. I don't really play for kicks, I play so that I can gain entrance into their world. Okay, that's a lie. Sometimes I play just to win. Sometimes I let them win because it's therapeutic, I save all my special cards (the +4 and the color changers) and play as if I don't have them in my hand.
Uno cards come in 4 colors: red, yellow, blue, and green. Today I was playing with an 8 year-old girl at the end of her session. She threw down a color changing card and I asked her what color she wanted. She replied without hesitation, "Orange!" I informed her that she might want to change it to a color that she has in her hand. She picked blue. A few cards later put down another color changer card and said, "Purple."
1 comments:
"I save all my special cards... and play as if I don't have them in my hand"
Theme to discuss with YOUR consejera.
So glad you blogged, feeling a little less futile for checking in all the time.
Post a Comment