Work life in numbers
Woohoo! I am no longer an intern. 3000 hours of supervised training to become a licensed professional counselor has gone by quickly. Here are the last two years summed up in numbers, no pun intended.
4,500: the number of emails that have accumulated in my outlook account since starting at the agency
1,500: the number of face-to-face client hours required out of the 3000 hours to be an LPC
1,167: the amount of minutes that I'm required to spend in face to face time with clients in one week
619: the name of the signature move belonging to the wrestler, Rey Misterio
20: the # of kids on my current caseload whose favorite show is Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel
15: the amount of times that a child has left my office crying, usually because I wouldn't allow them to take one of my toys home
11: the number that clients pick when I ask them any scale questions like "On a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being never and 10 being always, what number would you pick to show how angry you were?"
9: # of feelings face drawings I have on the wall in my office
7: the number of times that I use the phrase "Help me to understand..." in any given day
5: # of reports to child protective services
4: # of days during the 5 day work week that I play either Uno or Jenga with a client
2: how many diet cokes I bring to work every day
1: a Batman invitation to a client's birthday party, he was turning 6 and I was unable to attend.
0 comments:
Post a Comment