IAT
I've been reading Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, which I've found to be rather interesting. A section in the book talks about the role that our unconscious associations play in our beliefs and behaviors. There is a research website that uses a computer program to test the strength of underlying associations people make with different pairs of ideas. The premise is that all of us have implicit associations of which we are unaware and will tend to affect our behavior. One of the Implicit Association Tests (IAT) is called the Race IAT, it first asks the test taker to indicate his/her attitude toward African Americans and European Americans and then administers the test to measure the strength of positive and negative associations with each. There are all kinds of tests on the website: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/. I took the test and was surprised by the result.
1 comments:
Very interesting... I love this kind of stuff.
Post a Comment