Questions

The most memorable part of my week was trying to convince a petrified six-year old that monsters aren't real, especially the ones in the movies. He happens to be a very inquisitive six year old. This was our conversation midway through the session:

What about the terminator? Is that real?
No.
And the blood?
Fake.
And the wires in his arms?
Not real.
And what about Chucky?
He's not real either.
And his knife, does it really cut?
Nope. Well, maybe. But it doesn't really cut the people in the movie.
How do you know?
I just do.
You just do?
Yes.
Oh. Well, what about the guy with the hockey mask?
You've seen that?
No, but I've seen the commercials. He's not real either?
No, he's made up. He can't hurt you.
Are you sure?
Yes.
What about his knife?
Fake.
And the dead people, are they really dead?
No, they're playing make believe.

The questions continued in rapid fire succession.

After the lengthy discussion (more like Q & A session) I was a bit exhausted, but he seemed satisfied with the answers given. I guess we'll see how many nights he can go to sleep without needing the lights on.

0 comments: