New words
Well, it's been a while since my last post. Since then I've switched to working with clients who struggle with primarily anxiety and depression and now I spend a significant amount of time with teenagers. I consider myself fairly youthful, but lately I've been feeling pretty dated. Over the last few months I've been learning a whole new language when it comes to today's adolescent. Words like crunk, emo, and muggin' have now been added to my vocabulary.
Crunk, adj. 1. to be drunk and high at the same time 2. to be cool e.g. "He was SO crunk!"
Emo, adj. 1. goth-like 2. sensitive and emotional 3. associated with self-injurious behavior, depression and suicide e.g. "You should see my MySpace page, it's so emo."
Muggin', v. giving a hard stare or dirty look e.g. "She was muggin' me and I thought, 'Oh no she isn't!' So I hit her because no one mugs me like that!"
1 comments:
At Disney a few months back we saw a guy wearing a shirt with a depressed orange fish with black hair hanging in its face. It read, "Finding Emo."
Hehe.
Post a Comment